Although ADDP settings between LCA and SCS was available in previous versions, Genesys made it official from 8.0 onwards.
To configure ADDP, follow the steps below
- In Genesys Administrator—Host object > Options tab > Advanced View (Annex)
- In Configuration Manager—Host object > Properties dialog box > Annex tab
- Configure section ‘addp’
- Under this section, configure option ‘addp-timeout’ with value greater than 10 (recommended). This value is used by Solution Control Server for ADDP timeout. If SCS doesn’t receive messages within this interval, it sends polling message and waits for response for the same interval. It interprets lack of response as loss of connection
- Under the same section (‘addp’), configure option ‘addp-remote-timeout’ with value greater than 0. This value is used by LCA for ADDP timeout and passed by SCS after the connection is established. If LCA doesn’t receive message from SCS within this interval, it sends polling message and waits for response for the same interval. It interprets lack of response as loss of connection. I recommend setting this value as ‘addp-timeout’ + 5.
- configure option ‘addp-trace’ to both to enable tracing at both endpoints
Note: If this value is set to 0, LCA will not use ADDP.